The BCEdAccess society is a volunteer run organization that serves families of children with disabilities and complex learners.

Tracy Humphreys, founder and chair of BCEdAccess came to speak about her organization. This was so interesting to me because throughout this whole degree, we have talked about inclusion in depth. It has been clear to us, as teachers in training, that all children are complex. Students need options, and need to be engaged. It is our job as teachers to provide inclusion opportunities into our classroom, whether that being technology, different options of learning, different activities, etc.

It was the most upsetting to me to hear about the families of these children who are complex learners. Although there are many people trying to make learning better for particular students, it is hard to do this in a way where students are not feeling left out or different. This is what is the most upsetting to me.

I also really enjoyed this youtube video Tracy provided us with

Learning and education is a basic human right. No one should feel excluded in learning, only included. I hope that when I become a teacher I can promote a number of opportunities for students that may have different learning strategies. This is always in the back of my mind when creating lesson plans for any of my classes this semester, and after watching this video always will be.

Tracy really helped me open my eyes on this topic.